“Duncan Clarke PR is much more than a PR company. Enthusiastic, imaginative, productive and results driven, he is an absolute pleasure to work with. Duncan is never afraid to go the extra mile
Sue Andrews, General Manager, Northern Broadsides
DUNCANCLARKE PR is a PR freelance Consultant who specialises in Arts PR for companies of all sizes and budgets.
Duncan Clarke brings to his work proven specialist skills, an excellent network of national and regional press contacts, over 12 years of arts and leisure PR experience (working in theatre, dance, mixed media, festival, Long-haul travel and Visitor Attractions), delivering coverage across print, broadcast and on-line media with a high level of success.
From 2003-2008 Duncan worked with some of the country’s leading theatre and dance companies whilst working as the Communications Manager and Press Officer at York Theatre Royal. These have included National Theatre, English Touring Theatre, National Theatre of Scotland, Northern Broadsides, Polka Theatre, Unicorn Theatre, Birmingham Royal Ballet, Southwark Playhouse, Pilot Theatre, Sphinx Theatre and Phoenix Dance. During his time at the theatre Duncan also worked on new plays in both the Main House and The Studio from writer such as Pam Gems, Blake Morrison, Beatrix Campbell, Mike Kenny, Ray Galton, and Dan Gordon, as well as working on the original York Theatre Royal production of The Railway Children. Duncan’s previous experience includes working with the Arts Council, BGB & Associates PR Agency (Leisure and Tourism), and Continuum (Visitor Attractions).
DUNCANCLARKE PR was created to offer both PR support & advice for organisations that need assistance with their campaigns whether it’s for a one-off event, profile work, festivals (theatre & film) or for a long tour. One of the key aspects DUNCANCLARKE PR can offer is a flexible service to suit all budgets. From copy writing and distribution of press releases, arranging reviewers and photo calls, to devising and implementing full media campaigns, as well as giving PR support and guidance, Duncan’s experience and enthusiasm will bring a new energy to your project.
SO WHY USE DUNCANCLARKE PR?
- Dedicated to getting the best results for his clients
- Passionate about all the arts
- Excellent editorial and reviewing contacts – National and regionally
- Suit all budgets
- Creative flair and flexible approach
- Proven track record
- Trustworthy and promise of confidentiality at all times
- Offers a personal service and down to earth approach
- Experience of working on new plays as well as work specifically aimed at young people
- Respond quickly and efficiently to client needs
- Strives for excellence in all projects
- Loves a challenge
AWARDS/NOMINATIONS ON PRODUCTIONS WORKED ON:
- Northern Broadsides production of WHEN WE ARE MARRIED has been nominated in the Best Regional Touring Prouduction at the UK Theatre Awards 2017
- Box of Tricks production of NARVIK has been nominated in the Best New Play catergory at the UK Theatre Awards 2017
- Playwright Timberlake Wertenbaker nominated for Best Play for the Watford Palace Theatre production of JEFFERSON’S GARDEN
- Northern Broadsides production of AN AUGUST BANK HOLIDAY LARK has been nominated in the Best New Play catergory at the UK Theatre Awards 2014 – UPDATE – WINNER
- Northern Broadsides production of RUTHERFORD AND SON has been nominated in the Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress roles at the Manchester Theatre Awards 2013 – UPDATE – WINNER
- Northern Broadsides production of RUTHERFORD & SON was nominated in the Best Director Category at the Theatre Awards UK 2013
- Townsend Production of WE WILL BE FREE was nominated in the Best Actress category at The Stage Acting Awards Edinburgh Fringe 2013
- Northern Broadsides production of WE ARE THREE SISTERS was nominated in the Best Touring Production Category at the Theatre Awards UK 2012
- tutti frutti’s production of HARE AND TORTOISE has been nominated in the Best Children’s play category at the Writers Guild of Great Britain Awards 2012
- Northern Broadsides production of LOVED LABOUR’S LOST has been nominated in the Best Touring production category at the Manchester Theatre Awards 2012
Hull Truck Theatre’s production of DNA has been nominated in the Best Touring production category at the Manchester Theatre Awards 2012
TMA Winner of Best Marketing Campaign 2008